Old 10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Anon NoID

in ups.com:

Best wishes
Nancy G

BTW, I did like the old format better. The index on the side instead
of the top cuts down on the visibility of what I want to read

"frames" or "no frames" in googlese.

and I
haven't found a "next page" option at the end of a string to continue
reading the posts.

for a while now, we cna switch to google uk nz or other english (not google.com = USA google) to use "classic" google groups

but, in recent days google groups has been erratic. sometimes "sort by date" opens beta google. sometimes clicking on search
result opens in frame view, usually not. sometimes edited search phrase then clicking button opens beta, other times opens the
"calssic" good style.

Yes, I also liked the old format better. But the new Google format
seems to allow messages to show up in the newsgroup faster than before.
Not sure if this has anything to do with the new format.

seems more likley related to database (or whatever) management.

as someone else replied: if your ISP gives decent usenet access, use news reader sfotware. much faster.