Old 11-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Dan White

Default Good Simple Boost for Plant Growth?

Hi. I have a 55g planted tank pretty well established now. It is a low
light tank and I've got plant species that mostly seem OK with just low
light and regular coarse gravel. I do not want to get into CO2 systems or
complicated fertilizer regimens that might cause more harm than good if not
applied perfectly. I'm thinking that the plants are doing OK now but I do
have some brown algae (got two oto's yesterday) and thought that maybe
dosing the tank with something simple to help the plants a little might be
good. Can somebody recommend something inexpensive and simple that might
help out? Maybe just phosphates?

Thanks,
dwhite