Old 12-12-2004, 05:39 PM

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:54:35 -0800, "wendy7"
wrote:

Hi there Vic & welcome. A super job on the description of your Phal.,
but even with a photo, one could not ID as there are thousands of hybrids
out there.
Just enjoy & keep an eye on those red spots, if they turn yellow or
start to pit into the leaf, then could be a problem.
If I were you, I would get your Phal a friend or two! *g*
Good growing,
Cheers Wendy

Thanks for all the nice responses. So I guess I didn't make a total
idiot of myself while attempting to describe my plant. The botanical
pictures and parts descriptions I was using as a reference didn't show
Phals as their sample plants, but Laelias and Cattelyas, so I found it
a bit tough to make the proper comparisons.

I've got a good quality 35mm SLR camera that handles 99% of my photo
needs, but it really doesn't help me in circumstances like these. Oh
well, maybe Santa will be listening and pick up a hint. g

As for getting my plant a "friend," I'd love a fragrant plant, but I
really don't have the room or the space for another -- a small
apartment with north facing widows isn't the ideal orchid nursery. I
did, however, see a few nice ones at an orchid show, but I held off
buying them because in addition to my space issues, I wasn't sure how
successful I was going to be with this one. Maybe by next summer I'll
have enough confidence in what I'm doing to buy a second one.
--Vic