Old 14-12-2004, 01:53 AM
J Fortuna

Vic,

I am generally happy whenever a Phal blooms for 2 months or more -- though
some of them bloom a bit less, and I have several that have bloomed for 6
months or more.

The same plant might bloom for a different amount of time on two consecutive
bloomings, and I am guessing that that is related to the conditions that it
is in. For example: I have a Dtps Kenneth Schubert that bloomed for a bit
less than two months the previous time and it had only 4 flowers then, and
then it rested for about 7 months, and now it has been in bloom since
08/21/2004, has had opened 13 flowers thus far (some of which have wilted,
but some of which remain), and it still has two or three buds that I think
it intends to open during this flowering season.

The shortest blooming period that I have experienced in any Phal was 1
week -- but that was not a healthy plant; it has gotten healthier since
then, but has not reflowered for me yet.

So as you can see the answer varies enormously, but I use 2 months as my
expectation -- any phal that does not meet this expectation is
underperforming in my opinion.

Best,
Joanna

wrote in message
Now that I've got my phal to rebloom, how long can I expect to see
flowers?

When I bought the plant it was already in bloom, and I don't know what
the shock of moving, adjusting to its new home, etc. did to it. I know
that every plant is different and every environment is different, but
roughly, what duration can I expect?
--Vic