Old 14-12-2004, 07:44 AM

Well, look at it this way:
The tank will look better.
You'll be prouder of it.
Your friends/folks will like it more
Your fish will do better, healthy plants= healthy fish.

Like any building, you start with a good foundation at the base. The
Primary producers in the aquariums are the plants, so focus there and
system will follow. That is the based of your mini ecosystem. If they
are happy, so will your fish.

You can also sell plants that you grow. I made 100 $ a month for awhile
at the Local Society selling weeds each month.

Did better than the fish breeding folks I might add.
You can take partial steps if you wish, you will have far greater
interest when the plants really grow well. Most have no idea till they
see it.

Keep the light lower(80w is great) rather than higher, this will make
the tank do well and be more stable and easier to care for.
Regards,
Tom Barr