Old 12-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:18:11 GMT, "henry wolf"
wrote:

I have been growing my dendrobiums in expanded clay balls for quite some
time now with fair results. I am wondering if I should keep some kind of
repotting schedule, as I do in more conventional media, because there is
no breakdown in the clay. I do change the water occasionly of course.
Please give me your experiences.

I don't grow Den. I have Paph, Phrag, and Cymbidium in
Semi-Hydro. Which is a clay pellets in a pot with 3 holes along
one side. (See www.firstrays.com for more details) We repot when
the plants (Phrag) climb up out of the pot, get too big for the
pot or the roots cause the pots to crack (cym).
SuE