Old 26-12-2004, 03:15 AM
Rick

"Michi Henning" wrote in message
"Shagster" wrote in message
No, you can't run diatoms 24x7. The filter media get clogged very quickly,
typically within a few hours. Diatom filters are used as occasional water
polishing filters, not as permanent filters.

Cheers,

Michi.

--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Great post Michi up to this point. You can leave a diatom filter running
24-7 in fact my new Vortex XL recommends it. In answer to the original
posters question I left my running for 3 days, 24-7 however the water was
crystal clear after a few hours and I'm not sure I accomplished much more by
running it longer. The older Vortex models I don't think were recommended
for continuous operation.

Rick