Old 03-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message
What are the views of those on uk.rec.gardening if it happens, and

who will
it effect?

I am about 50 metres inland from the Cliff Walk between Sandown and

Shanklin
on the Isle of Wight and about 50 metres above sea level. But the

Island
could very well become 3 Islands again.

Unless I am mistaken, there is no plate boundary nearby, nor are there
any active submarine volcanoes around there, so you will probably be
OK. I think you will be reasonably shielded from that island in the
Canaries, part of which is expected to dslide off into the Atlantic at
any time now. They say when it goes, that will be the end of New
York.

Franz