Old 04-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

Illinois has a new reptile and amphibian.

Out of 75,000 votes cast online, the Eastern Tiger Salamander is the new
state amphibian, and the Painted Turtle won as state reptile.

Lt. Governor Pat Quinn announced the winners today, saying all candidates
ran positive campaigns

(Ha!, I can't believe the bullfrogs ran a postive campaign, I think they
tried
to eat all the other competitors).

You can find out if your state is on the cutting edge of state mascot
adoption here ~
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0801717.html

Here in Washington we don't. But we do have an offical insect (the blue
darner dragonfly) and an offical fossil (Columbian mammoth) but, depending

Look, I'm no expert, but even I know it must have been a "pre-columbian"
mammoth :-)

on who you talk to, we still don't really have a governor...

With any luck, gubernatorial candidates will just go the way of the mammoth.
"None of the above" is a perfectly acceptable choice, and probably less
trouble in the long run.
--
derek