Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:15:47 -0600 Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
(most snipped)

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:09:13 +0100 MMu wrote:

Of the six species of microorganisms isolated from the mesosphere, five
contained pigments and were more resistant to UV radiation compared with
their pigment-free mutants. The black pigment isolated from the conidia of
Aspergillus niger considerably increased the UV resistance of the
unpigmented mutant conidia of Penicillium notatum, the spore Circinella
muscae and the vegetative cells of Micrococcus albus. From the data it is
possible to conclude that in the upper layers of the Earth's atmosphere the
predominant proportion of pigmented microorganisms is the consequence of
natural selection by UV radiation.

Yes, well thanks. Your report is much different from mine. I am drawing from
FEMS Letters of 18 December 2002 by Dr. Wainwright and others. They isolated 3
species in the upper atmosphere similar to Bacillus simplex, Staphylococcus
pasteuri, and a fungus Engyodontium album.

Now I wonder about the algae because they can multiply to clog up their home
domain. Some pools of water are choked when algae find favorable conditions.

Also fungus can get out of hand once favorable living conditions are found.

So has anyone discovered algae or prolific fungus in the stratosphere?

As the stratosphere becomes abundant with carbon compounds then perhaps a thriving
ecosystem may be borne utilizing the sunlight and carbon compounds.

Now I am not going to fan some science fiction horror tale of where people wake up
in year 2105 and find the Sun hidden or in a fog due to the stratosphere filled up
with fungus and algae, and who all knows what they would mutate into next.

But we should keep in mind that as we alter the upper atmosphere with our
pollution and exhaust of fossil fuels that we also open up a new frontier for life
to take establishment where it could not before.

Yes, in the past several years where I have tried to find a Coolant to make Earth
AirConditioner, it maybe all a waste of time if microbes themselves find the upper
atmosphere a new home ecosystem because if they do, then they automatically cool
Earth. And then we have a bizarre and nightmarish problem of trying to control
them, much as the fish in a aquarium trying to control the algae and plant life
that wants to choke the aquarium.

I think right away, the world science communities need a priority of observations
on microbes in the upper atmosphere. So far I see only a few reports in the past 7
years on this subject. But if microbes can multiply in the upper atmosphere, we
should be monitoring and observing the problem on a monthly basis instead of 7
years.

And we need to get the experts in microbes to find out if a microbe can live in
the upper atmosphere and multiply. This is a type of thing that can not wait for a
day in which the sky seems blackened or foggy and to find out that a colony of
microbes is multiplying in the upper atmosphere.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies