Old 09-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Mike Patterson

A warm day at 62 degrees here south of Atlanta, water has some
suspended algae, some string algae, visibility down to about 20
inches, the fish are active, but a little sluggish.

I dropped a little food into the pond to see how the fish would react,
they are skittish about me being there, if I make any fast movements
they dash for the deep, but as long as I move slowly they'll come up
and nibble. (During the summer they'd all come to the top whenever I
came near the pond, and would even peck at my legs when I was in the
water doing maintenance.)

The water hyacinth has all died, the water lettuce looks pale but
doesn't seem to be dead, the pickerel rush leaves are all brown but
the pots are down at 24 -30 ionches so I think they'll be OK in the
spring.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 12:40:34 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

What is the current status of your pond?

The screens have 4" of snow on them, but with my wireless thermometer I can
see that the water is liquid, I can also "hear" the water moving... but
that requires going "outside".... like brrrrr!

I haven't even gone up and looked at the lily pond, maybe I'll do that
today. I'm hoping the fact I floated milk jugs on it that they are holding
the shade cloth off the surface of the water. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin