Old 12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:42:54 GMT Sean Houtman wrote:
(snip what I wrote)

One little problem with abundant life in the stratosphere is that
once something gets to a certain size, it will need to expend energy
in order to remain in the stratosphere. Big things tend to fall
unless they can fly.

Sean

I was thinking that they do not grow big in size but increase in
population. Nor are they connected as in a colony. I suppose fungus
would have the best chance of remaining up there permanently.

The only data I see is that 1 ton per day falls to the surface of the
bacteria species.

I cannot tell whether the bacteria species and fungus species were
carried by the wind up there accidentally and waiting to fall back to
Earth or whether some of those bacteria species and fungus species is
indigenous to the upper atmosphere and stratosphere. And whether any of
those species reproduces up there. Or whether they are all just
temporary travelers in the upper atmosphere and waiting to fall back to
Earth.

A lot of questions I need answering. But if any one of those bacteria or
fungus species is indigenous to the upper atmosphere and routinely
reproduce and multiply in numbers in the upper atmosphere would be great
cause for alarm to all surface creatures, because as the global warming
increases probably increases the favorability of the upper atmosphere to
make a home up there.

Oh, yes, they will cool Earth by absorbing and blocking alot of sunlight
from reaching the surface and will be an affective Earth AirConditioner
but then the huge problem looms as to whether we will have to expend
energy by going up there to clean up the stratosphere because too many
microbes are living and multiplying there. And if they mutate to the
extent that they multiply too fast, can risk the extinction of humanity
itself.

Has anyone computed how much carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide was in
the upper atmosphere during the Ice Ages compared to how much is up
there now during Global Warming? For perhaps these microbes have always
been travelers into the upper atmosphere but never able to make it a
ecosystem to live and multiply because not enough carbon dioxide and
carbon monoxide was present.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies