Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Doug Kanter

It could always be worse. For 18 years, I lived across the street from a
family of morons who honked their car horns whenever the left or came home.
The time of day was no issue, either. 2:00 AM, 7:00 AM....didn't matter. You
can steal my car, but wake me up for stupid reasons and there will be
trouble. Tried talking to them politely a couple of times. In both
instances, I was told that "my father did it, and we like to do it, too. Get
over it." The cops were no help, even when it was explained to them that the
noise was, at times, a violation of noise ordinances. After 5 go-arounds
with the cops, I went so far as to ask the police chief how much he was
being paid to ignore the situation. He found that question distasteful, but
refused to explain why nothing was done. It was never resolved.