Old 15-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Ozdude

"js1" wrote in message
If you get apple snails, make sure you get the bridgesii species.

http://www.applesnail.net/content/sp...a_bridgesi.htm

In my experience, the mystery snails at PetsMart have been bridgesii.

I found an excellent article the other day about the shell types of Apple
Snails. The bridgesii types have a 90 degree ledge, but if I hadn't known
this I think I would have been at the mercey of unknowing LFS people
There is one variety which is prevelent in the "wild" in Asia and Northern
Australia (Queensland) which decimates plants including rice in Asia.

In fact I think it may have Applesnail.net that had this information.

I'm getting myself two bridgesii next Wednesday and we'll see how they go in
my new tank. I look forward to having them

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith