Old 15-01-2005, 08:32 PM

Simply registering a user name and password cost absolutely *nothing*.
Just like here...........is Goggle is unethical as well?

So what part of "free" bothers you precisely?
I said it was free, no mistake.

You cannot do many functions on sites without getting a user
name/password.

I'm trying to help you, not make a buck off of you, most folks waste
plenty more than the fee I charge on snake oil and other things, but
some like to do that.Many pay 20-30$ a year for a mag subscription,
they are lucky if they see one decent plant article.

If you search around the web over the years you will see a long history
of me giving information for free and doing above and beyond to help
perfect strangers.You might want to check things out a bit before
assuming the negative intent of others.

I do not expect anything in return except that you help someone else in
the same way.Those that are interested, will get involved.

Here's an excerp from Mike, past editor of TFH(used with his
premission) about "free" advice on the net.

by Mike Reed
Past Editor of TFH Magazine

It's amazing how treacherous the Internet can be if you are looking for
advice about keeping tropical fishes. Every now and then, I used to
visit the forums and discussion groups on "the net" and even
participated in them briefly. What I saw was that in with the simple,
sometimes good advice was an amazing amount of outdated advice and some
downright bad advice being given to all who would read and trust it.
Every now and then, somebody gave information that was startingly good
and new and useful. But these gems came from intelligent and creative
people and such people have limited time. The hacks that spend endless
time on "the net" do not like anything new or that they disagree with -
with or without evidence that it is right or wrong. So they demand
"proof" of what anybody else says that they disagree with. And the more
they get answers, the more they continue to harangue the contributor of
the information. If you have ever wondered why you do not see
well-known aquarists on the forums and discussion groups, this is the
main reason. Why spend limited time trying to help when you are simply
badgered for it. Better to just save the time and not participate. You
can do much more, much more easily by writing an article for an
aquarium magazine."

Assumptive hacks do not bug me, but the words from Mike are very
precise and to the point.

Regards,
Tom Barr