Old 17-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Margolis

"js1" wrote in message

You're the only person who has claimed anything absolutely.

http://www.aquabotanic.com/carbon.html

Can algae feed on Excel?

No. I'm sure this may raise a few eyebrows ;-) since at face value
this would be a reasonable expectation. But, for reasons Uncle Sam
won't let us discuss, all I can say is that algae can't feed on Excel
and I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to deduce why this
is the case (big picture folks, no chemistry involved ;-).

Gregory Morin, Ph.D. ~~~~~~~Research Director~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc. www.seachem.com 888-SEACHEM

Notice no claims of algicide by Seachem. Though, from the above
comments, it's not unreasonable to infer that perhaps Excel is at
some level an algicide, but Seachem is not willing, or not allowed, to
make sucha a claim. You are the one who, on anectdotal evidence,
claims absolutely that Excel is not an algicide and is in fact good to
grow algae with.

all that says is that "algae can't feed on it". It is a far leap to say
that means that it kills algae or that it is an algicide.

and on top of that, it sounds like complete and utter marketing bs anyway.
Why would the government prevent them from even talking about why they
thought algae couldn't use this as food? If it is valid scientifically it
would be permissable.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm