Old 18-01-2005, 08:09 AM

I think you'll be very hard pressed to expect a single 2 liter DIY
yeast bottle to do the job.
I'd suggest 2 or 3 of them.

The nice thing about my design is the burp hole and misting effects
from the venturi.
This self levels the reactor, when there's enough CO2 or too much, it
will waste the gas, or if there's a lot of O2 degassing.

So even if you add a bit too much CO2, you still end up with a decent,
but not too high CO2 ppm level. You can run them too high and kill your
fiash though.........but much less so than with external and filter
versions.

But whne the CO2 production drops, these units are 100% efficient.

So this mediates the variation in CO2 production for folks using DIY
yeast CO2.

I used yeast for about 10 years, so I am very familar with this device
and it's use with yeast CO2 methods.

Gas tanks are great and worth every penny, but if yeast is all you got
and can afford, then you have to make do. I was a poor student not long
ago.

This type of device can be made for less than 10$ US with the power
head, that's hard to beat.

I have a neat version coming out that's an external DIY with the
venturi.

Give me a month or so.

Parting note: CO2 is critical if you use it, make sure you add enough,
most folks do not add enough and thus have algae problems for a long
time. Use your eyes if you cannot afford test kits etc, Riccia is a
good indicator plants for CO2.

Regards,
Tom Barr