Old 20-01-2005, 04:57 AM
Kay

Richard wrote:
In article ,
Margolis wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message ...

Keep in mind Excel is an algicide.

Not really. In fact, algae grows quite well with excel, it seems to like
it.

Yeah, really.

You must have way more algae than it can handle then. If you write to Greg,
CEO of Sea-Chem and ask him if it's safe to grow Cladophoa he'll tell
you no, it'll kill it. But US Government regulations prevent him from
claiming it's an algicide.

It may not be a great algicide but the acetyl compound in it that releases
carbon is death on algae. (Even acetic acid kills algae in small doses).

Richard,
I have been using Excel for years for my plants and for algae control,
ever since I have used it, I have never had any algae in my tanks. My
plants grow nicely and I don't have to worry about algae.

Kay