Old 21-01-2005, 01:46 AM
HC

G'day Luke

I have to agree with what others have said....when I bought my current
house just over 12 years ago there were two very small Ficus (about 60cm
tall) in the lawn area, fortunately I knew about their reputation and
kept a close eye on them. One year we got lots of rain and they took
off (literally). The roots were above ground level and wrist thick
while the trees were still only around 2m tall. They got the chop
because some roots were heading towards the house (and foundations). I
was told they would reappear but they didn't......so my advice is as
above. They make a nice potted specimen but for open
ground..........Don't do it!!

HC ;-)
Luke wrote:
"thanks everyone, iwasn't really fond of putting in the ground , will look
for a different sort of tree now