Old 20-01-2005, 11:11 PM
paghat

In article , "Aunty Kreist"
wrote:

"Earl@Greenwood" wrote in message
oups.com...

Garden supply stores and some craft shops sell "real" cloches, but
you probably have something in your kitchen that you can use as a
substitute. Find a vase or a large glass jar and turn it upside down
over the plant. The cloche will keep the moisture in and will act like
a tiny greenhouse. Place your cloche-covered plant on a south-facing
windowsill, but avoid long exposure to direct sunlight. A small button
fern would be an ideal plant to cultivate in this way.

I found that a two or three liter plastic soda bottle works just as well.
Just cut off the bottom, and voila'!

Plus a few used-tire planters & randomly scattered beer bottles to carry
the theme more broadly throughout the garden would be nice. Also, line up
some rocks along the driveway & paint them white. The inside of the
trailer should match the garden, so save your fancier-shaped whiskey
bottles, fill them with variously food-dyed colored water, & line them up
in the front room window as decorations.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"