Old 23-01-2005, 09:13 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:55:35 GMT, "JB" wrote:

I came home this morning from a trip out of town to find that approximately
1/2 of the water in my 3,000 gallon pond had drained out. Not going to
bother you with all of the particulars snip

Here's my question: Does the 10% rule hold in the winter and, if so, how
long before adding the next 10%? TIA John

As long as you have sufficient water treatment for chlorine or chloramines
you can refill..... though I'd do it at a slow rate over the course of a
day. Now if your source water is 10 degrees different in temperature with a
0.4 difference in pH. You might want to let it trickle in over 2-3 days.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~