Old 24-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Rob Halgren

Larry wrote:
I have a question about an orchid. It is labeled as Epi. Star Valley x
Joseph Lii Lake View (I'm not sure about the "LII" - everything is
capitalized).

Lately I noticed some leaf damage. The plant has otherwise done well.

I posted 2 pictures on the web:
http://www.lwpes.org/temp/EpiLeaf1.jpg
http://www.lwpes.org/temp/EpiLeaf2.jpg

Are they all on the same side of the plant? Perhaps the side that faces
the window? Looks like a little sunburn to me... Frankly if that was
the least of the afflictions on my reed stem epidendrums I'd be quite
happy. But they bloom better if you scorch 'em a bit. *grin*

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could sprinkle a little
cinnamon on the affected areas, if you want.

Joseph Lii is a classic reed stem epidendrum. You should write that
parent as Joseph Lii "Lake View".

Rob

2a) See rule 1
orchids, obtain more credit

LittlefrogFarm - Growing the plants Rob likes. )