Old 25-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Starfish

i was thinking getting larger val and planting them in the "safe planters".
In these planters i would put a layer of very fine gravel/course sand. As an
anchor for the plants, i would use mesh just large enough for the val to fit
in and tie with string underneath the mesh to act as a stopper to prevent
the val from being pulled up. The mesh would be the whole length and width
of the planters which then would be weighted down with a few marbles or
equivallent and then covered with the fine gravel for a natural appearance
"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message

You might have constant headaches trying to stop the goldfish from
munching
anything green. Your idea should work fine though, its them damn goldies
ya
gotta worry about...
--
"In the beginning, God said the four-dimensional divergence of an
antisymmetric,

"Starfish" wrote in message
Hi
Im thinking of replanting my tank (i didnt anchor my plants well and the
goldies have had a go at them)

So here goes
I was thinking of getting one of those shallow rectangular planters, you
know the type people use to plant things in and sit tem on the window
sill/ledge? The reason for this is that i dont have any gravel and the
window sill potter (make sure its made out of a safe materail) will be
hidden behind my shipwreck and quartz

Would this work....I was thinking of planting a background with jungle
(corkscrew) val. Do they grow quickly?

is there any other plant suggestions anyone might have???

Thankyou!!