Old 26-01-2005, 12:53 AM
John Hines

"George" wrote:

"ajames54" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well with the exception of the window which will be expensive but not
too difficult technically, you do a good job of describing most
tropical fish breeding facilities.

However I would bet you are looking at more trouble than its worth.. a
250 gallon tank mounted into the wall can be protected from the
elements .. No huge temp swings, no falling leaves, no flooding the
fish out into the yard, no predetors... and no giant insurance premiums
to cover potential water damage to your house.

anything filter related in ponding is also available for aquaria check
the aquaria groups and check www.thekrib.com.
If you decide to do it have fun and post pics...

An additional concern is for these fish to 'inadvertantly' enter the local
ecosystem, where, as is the case in Florida and other "warm" states, has had
devastating results for the local fauna.

Oh, yeah I forgot about snakeheads, They would be great in a pond.
(NOT!)