Old 27-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Franz Heymann

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
gramgill writes:

| my grandfather (he's 96) tells me to keep all used teabags empty

them
| and through them in the garden is this good food for the
| plants/vegetables, soil or just an old wives tale

Nah. Just throw them on the compost heap (or garden, if you like);
don't bother about emptying them.

Yes, he's right - and they are particularly appropriate (even
uncomposted) for plants like camellias that like a bed of leaf
mould (which is roughly what used tea leaves are).

You'll have to be either very young or a very avid tea drinker to
provide a reasonable bed of mould for a camellia
{:-))

Franz