Old 28-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Mike Lyle

Oxymel of Squill wrote:
very dangerous advice if the word of Brussels is to be believed.

The
EU recently declared the teabag (a construction od leaves and

paper)
to be an 'animal product' and banned Cardiff Council from adding

them
to its composting process
http://www.independence.org.uk/abc_n...hp?t=1&id=1169

[...]

Well, crazy as it sounds, this is no "straight banana" story. It's
the milk residues in _used_ teabags which are suspect; and this is
part of the battery of precautions against foot-and-mouth disease.
Overkill, I'm sure, especially as it's hard to get proper
unpasteurised milk these days, and unenforceable; but if you're going
to ban animal products from municipal compost I suppose you just have
to ban them all.

Vaccinate the cattle, I say. Or even treat the disease when it comes
up, and let our cattle develop a degree of immunity. But we don't do
sensible round here.

Mike.