Old 10-02-2003, 05:26 AM
sam crowell

Default [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?

i just got a juniper bonsai tree and it looks fairly young maybe 2-3
years.
anyhow, i'm wondering how long can i expect this to live? lets say i
were to
care for it and repot, water, give good sunshine, feed and everything else
expected of a good master...

If you provide what the tree needs, give it proper care and first and
foremost, learn its needs, you should have a tree for many many years. I
have some three year old seedlings that I plan to give to my son someday, if
he develops an interest in bonsai (they are the same age as he is). If he
develops the interest, I am fairly sure, barring accident or lapse in care
on my part, they should outlast me.

If you are keeping it indoors, about a week.

And while this is true, it is also about the most unhelpful, discouraging
comment I have seen here in a long time.

Sam Crowell
Klamath Falls, OR

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++