Old 30-01-2005, 10:48 AM
anton

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Oxymel of Squill" writes:
| very dangerous advice if the word of Brussels is to be believed. The EU
| recently declared the teabag (a construction od leaves and paper) to be

an
| 'animal product' and banned Cardiff Council from adding them to its
| composting process
| http://www.independence.org.uk/abc_n...hp?t=1&id=1169

Not at all. That is nonsense perpetrated by the Little Englanders,
whose only skill appears to be in persuading the (admittedly stupid)
UK population to believe their lies.

What precisely are you asserting is the lie? That teabags contaminated by
milk are classified as an animal product, and cannot be low-temperature
composted?

If you take a further look, and bother to find out about the reasons
for the rule (which isn't what is said), you will find that it is
rooted in an attempt to get particularly unscientific and deliberately
negligent counties (like the UK) to avoid creating another epidemic
like the foot and mouth one.

More exactly, it would be countries with particularly unscientific and
deliberately negligent governments (like the current UK one).

The rule might be ridiculous, but the
fact that such rules are needed because we can't trust our own
government to look after our own interests is worse.

-and the smokescreen laid down by europhiliacs attempting to deny that
kitchen refuse was banned from being composted would feature where in your
weltanschauung?

--
Anton