Old 01-02-2005, 11:07 AM
G1nger

ex WGS Hamm wrote:
"Paul Giverin" wrote in message

I'm just about to reorganise one of my beds and I plan to plant it in a
cottage garden style.

Any other "must haves" that I should consider? The bed is south and west
facing and gets full sun from 11am onwards. The soil is light, well
drained, and fairly sheltered.

honesty, teasels, verbascum, poppies, solidago, lychnis (I love the red
lychnis), pulsatilla, salvia, echinacea,
monarda, lavatera....these are my suggestions...and why not add the
ultra-fashionable cardoon? terribly "in" at the moment, but fantastic
nonetheless.

So long as it's crammed full to bursting...

G1nger

http://www.gardenopoly.co.uk