Old 03-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:01:24 +0100, Reka
wrote:

HI!

I am back after a long weekend of work at our first orchid show (Jan
21-23) and all of ten days with no Internet access! But the wait was
worth it - I now have DSL. YIPPEE!!!! They said the change would be
seamless, and they were right. The edges of both services (I previously
had ISDN) were so far apart that there was no danger of a seam getting
in there anywhere. ;-)

Our orchid show went w

I was about to send out the search and rescue dogs.. ;^)
You will really have fun now. I noticed all the photo posts. OH
BOY I will have something to sooth my taxed soul.

Glad to hear your bring him up right. Work for your hobby -
don't pay for it. G Lots of great prizes in both your baskets.
Good work both of you.

I agree with Kath. Why wait until '07? Just make it smaller so
you can manage it. We have 4-5 vendors each fall at our regular
semi-annual show. We buy from the vendors and sell general
beginner plants in the spring. This is where we get our budget.

Twice a year we do a show. It is always a 1 day set up, 2 days
open to visitors show. The kitchen is generally hospitality food
for lunch, But we do a Preview party for the club members after
setup, Breakfast for the judges (Judge Sat between 7:30 am and
9am when the gardens open). Then we close on Sunday about 5 for
knock- down. It is shocking how fast everything becomes trash or
dust on the floor. In the fall vendors and members put together
displays. In the spring (no in house vendors) so it is all
members' displays. (March 11-13 if anyone is in Denver)
SuE