Old 03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
jane

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:08:58 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

~
~"bigboard" wrote in message
~ Franz Heymann wrote:
~
~
~ "bigboard" wrote in message
~ ...
~ Mike Lyle wrote:
~
~ [snip]
~ I have a small wormery that produces excellent compost and liquid
~ plant
~ food, and takes all of my organic kitchen waste. It sits next to
~the
~ bin in
~ my kitchen and was worth every penny. What have you got against
~ them?
~
~ The fact that it takes six weeks to dispose of 1 week's kitchen
~waste.
~
~
~ Then your wormery is too small for your needs. Mine suits me
~perfectly.
~
~Mine has a diameter of approximately 1 ft. How large must I make it
~to cope six times as fast as it does now?

I presume current volume is therefore 0.25.pi.depth so you'd need to
be at approximately 2.449 feet diameter. As if you didn't know!
jane checks following emails - yep, we all agree!

~ All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
~
~My profession was physicist and my hobby is stamp collecting, so
~according to Rutherford, I was a full time scientist.
~
:-)

I love that quote. Would have liked to put it at the start of my
thesis but at the time my external examiner wasn't sorted and could
have been a medical physicist or a clued-up medic and I didn't want
the latter to get rebuffed and be more likely to fail me!

(As it was, I got two physicists and no problems, phew, so I could
have put it in!)

Now I collect china ducks but it was once British mint stamps until I
got disillusioned with the mail obviously printing them for collectors
to buy and making way too much money. (ie when I was a student!).

I still buy the ones with plant or astronomy connections though, thus
linking hobbies!

So, this begs the question, what do urglers have as other hobbies for
when they can't garden?

jane, medical physicist, duck collector, reader of murder-mysteries
and science fiction, and avid photographer. :-)

--
jane

Mark Twain