Old 03-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Reka

K Barrett wrote:
"Reka" wrote in message

K Barrett wrote:

Wonderful report. Why wait till 2007 for your next show? Are they not
considered annual events in Europe, like they are here?

Yes, one of the local nurseries does an annual show, but they have their
own products to sell and don't have to pay for a hall to have it in.
The rooms alone cost us Euro 3000. We are on the lookout for a better
and cheaper place.

--
Reka

Here shows are held at places like malls, municipal Park and Recreation
departments, botanic gardens, libraries, art galleries or museums. Some are
held in hotels. Some are held in other organization's halls, like the
Kiwainis, the Masons, the VFW. Or a church. Yes, I know you don't have the
Kiwanis or teh VFW in Europe, however I'm sure there are similar
organizations you can scout out. I only mention so you can get ideas.
Usually its the 'getting' of ideas that is the stumbling block.

And if you don't mind my saying so, the organization and the publicity are
the heart of the matter. They are the toughest jobs, the set up and tear
down are fun by comparison. If you are good at publicity then you'll go
far!

K Barrett

Nope, none of those. Malls - no; P&R depts - no; botanic gardens - no;
libraries - none in the area large enough; art galleries and museums -
ditto.
Hotels - ha! They are all on vacation at this time of year; any of the
above named groups meet in the hotels for lunch; the church - cold and
drafty - no.
We could try the unheated fire dept. building. grin

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html