Old 07-02-2005, 08:26 PM
keith ;-\)

Also forgot to ask how long do the gas bottles last?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"keith ;-)" wrote in message
I have been running a 2kw electric fan heater in my 10 x 8 greenhouse

which
has cost around £120 for two months keeping
it at 60 f min 24/7.It may have been more expensive than it should be
because I have been running the heater through a thermostat controller set
at 60 f min & the heaters thermostat on full and on its highest heat
setting.After receiving my bill I am trying the heater thermostat lower

and
the heat setting on one instead of two,I think on one its output is 1.8kw

&
2kw on setting two.This has scared me,so thinking of buying a gas heater
supplied with hose & regulator so I think can use bottled gas with it.It

has
a variable output upto 4.2 kw,suitable for 20x10 greenhouse & costs

£99.95p
Would this be the cheapest to run,also would I require permanent
ventilation.If any one is using bottled gas/heater,any advise is
appreciated.
ps just thinking about gas at the moment(panic reaction!)