Old 13-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Shawn

Where can I get KNO3 ? Is that availabe at a LFS ? I do weekly large water
changes - nearly the entire tank actually, leaving just enough for the fish
to keep swimming, before I refill. Then I treat with something called
"ALGAEFIX". This knocked the crap out the BGA (as well as making the rest
of my plants look quite poor), and I contined the treatment for several
weeks, as it said in the directions. But once I stopped, with another
couple weeks the BGA reappeared and gradually got worse again. I don't want
to have to maintain my tank forever on medicine and chemicals. I ran it for
the first 4 years without a single breakout.

Shawn

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message

Have you tried large water changes and adding kno3? That's how I get
rid of it.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org