Old 14-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Richard Sexton

In article .com,
spiral_72 wrote:
Hey, I am fighting with the same stuff. I had small patches at 30w of
light. Now that I run 150W I can hardly keep ahead of the stuff, I am
going to try to control phosphates first. I'll let you know haow that
turns out.

If you eradicate all phosphates you'll have alage problems of a different
nature - green spot alage only thrives with low or no phosphates. You
want to keep a nominal phosphate level - plants absolutely need it and
if they run out they'll stop growing and only the algae will then use
the available light and remaining nbutrients.

Change a LOT of water, this will cause the alage to wesken and release
spores to try to stay alive. Change a lkot of wate the next day and you'll
get rid of most of it. Keep doing it and each day you'll have less and
you'll feel much happier about it. In a few days it'll be gone.

Blue green thrives when the plants used up all the nitrates. Just
don't run out of NO3 again and it won't come back.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org