Old 15-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Elaine T

spiral_72 wrote:
I feed TetraMin flakes for tropical fish and four sinking cat pellets
once a day about 7pm. Also about every week and a half I feed frozen
blood worms to replace the flake. I do use carbon, Black Diamond
(pakage says phosphate free)..... a very small amount (1 tsp) in one
filter bag replaced monthly.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html

To test for phosphates in your carbon, set up your phosphate test with
distilled or RO water and drop a few grains of carbon into it.
(Reefkeepers' trick). I believe you're right that Black Diamond does
actually test phosphate free but it can't hurt to try.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__