Old 16-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Jo

wrote in message
Jo wrote:
But if you insist, my grandmother said there are some plants available
It is quite a drive to Gainesville Florida but then you wouldn't have

Thank you, Jo. I'm now thinking about making a sort of
greenhouse in the spot I had in mind; I may well try
driving south until I find plants.

Originally I was thinking of just putting a few containers
on the deck on the south side of our house--we had a large
maple removed last year and suddenly there's much more sun
in that area.

Now it occurs to me that it wouldn't be that hard to cobble
a sort of greenhouse there, up against the house for warmth.
Suddenly I'm very eager to give this a try!

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001

I have set up a greenhouse in my kitchen for now. I have a huge window.
It makes it easier being I can only sit a few hours to do the pots and I
put them on a plastic greenhouse that I got at home depot for about 70
dollars. It is just shelves with a plastic form fitted cover on it that
zips up the side.
A real greenhouse is next year I hope.
Also doing my own seedlings ensures they are organically grown.

Jo