Old 17-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Ozdude

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:
Some will say you can add fert balls to the substrate but you forget,
plants show preference for the water column given a chocie between
substrate of water column in a number of controlled test.

Yeah, I had some crypts stuck in a tank I'd forgot about. Tank
was bare - no gravel and these five crypts just sat there for
three months with a lead weight wrapped arond them. They grew
like crazy. I had a real hard time tearing them apart.

Doesn't that prove Tom's point about water column fertilization in
preference to substrate fertilization?

Each plant type is different though. I've seen Banana Lilies growing in
leaps and bounds just floating around, yet mine go beserk in the substrate.

Oz