Old 19-02-2005, 02:27 PM
J Fortuna

Mick,

The reason I asked about the verisimilitude of the blue in the photo was not
because I suspected photo enhancement, but rather because I get the
impression that blues and reds especially often do not look the same in a
photograph as in real life, even when photographed with good cameras and by
good photographers, there is something in real life that often eludes the
photo image. But then again, what do I know: I am a really lousy
photographer and only get a good photo occasionally by pure chance -- I wish
I were better at it, since some orchids really must be photographed and
deserve to be photographed well. This blue lipped catt that you posted
certainly is one of them. Thanks for sharing.

Joanna

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
news
Joanna,

That is my original photo... no enhancements. I was struck immediately by
how nice that blue lip looked. I like blue catts as you all may have
guessed. I think I only bother to photograph maybe 5% of the coeruleas I
see and this one surely rated a second look and a photograph.

Mick