Old 20-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Rod

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:09:21 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

One of my Streptocarpus Streptocarpella plants was looking decidedly
unwell so I
finally tipped it out of it's pot today.... and behold the dreaded
Vine Weevil !

I've dumped the earth and taken cuttings. I've put half of them in
water and the
other half in cutting compost on a warm windowsill.

Which method works best for other URG'ers ?

Leaf cuttings, set in rows in gritty compost.

Janet

Hi Janet.
I think you mean the large leaved Streptocarpus?
Mine is a fleshy drooping type.........
Jenny

Soft tip cuttings like you've just done should be fine. I like to pop
the tray or pot into a polythene bag to keep the atmosphere humid
around the cuttings - but watch the temperature if it's a sunny
window. You know all this anyway:-)
Rod

Weed my address to reply