Old 21-02-2005, 11:20 AM
BAC

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Phil L wrote:
[...]
What part of the word conservation do you not understand?
To conserve one species it may be nessecary to remove another -

it's
ironic that you should post this to a gardening forum as *all*
gardeners spend a lot of time killing or removing plants (weeds) so
that other *wanted* plants may grow.

(see any similarities?)

Don't worry -- or perhaps do worry -- we're next on the list.

I doubt it. Gardeners do not usually claim to be conservationists or bird
protectors and hence are unlikely to be accused of hypocrisy for behaving in
a manner Angus believes to be inconsistent with the ideals of self
proclaimed conservationists and/or bird protectors. It is the hypocrisy he
perceives which he campaigns against.

I expect he posted his letter on this newsgroup because many gardeners are
likely to be actual or potential RSPB supporters, not because he has a
hidden agenda against gardeners.