Old 21-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Duncan

wrote in message

(selectively snipped, I do admit)

what could the RSPB do to reduce its own emissions?

It could:

Stop hosting countryside fairs that attract thousands of motorists.

Set an openly revealed target for reducing staff's use of cars both to
travel to work and during operations and stick to it.

Yours sincerely

Angus MacMillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk

On a trip to one such RSPB countryside fair, I passed a man beside a parked
vehicle (a Land-Rover, if my memory serves me right) who was displaying
banners in support of the above campaigns. I assume it was one of Angus's
pals, or perhaps even He Himself. It struck me that whilst keen to condemn
the RSPB as hypocrites for organising such events and using heavy-duty
vehicles, the supporters of root-of-blood etc will still exploit the captive
audience such events provide, and drive a less than fuel-efficient vehicle
to get there!

Duncan