Old 22-02-2005, 05:56 PM
RainLover

Default Getting prepped for Mass Plantings of Bamboos.. suggestions and advice???

Hi everyone,

I just planted 20 clumps of yellow groove bamboo, and I'm getting
ready to plant 10 Vivax, 15 Negra Henon, 6 Chinese Walking Stick, A
couple of Dulcis, and, hopefully, 4 or 5 Mitida and/or Merili (shade)
bamboos.

My soil isn't the best but I'm planning on using a local product from
Tacoma Washington, USA, called 'tagro' (www.tagro.com) which is a
great soil amendment made from processes sewage.

I know I need to stake (well) and water (frequently), but I'm new to
all of this bamboo and I'm looking for advice and suggestions.

I'm also going to be installing bamboo barrier around all of these
groves.

Thanks!

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Zone 5.