Old 26-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Travis

RainLover wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:07:54 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

RainLover wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just planted 20 clumps of yellow groove bamboo, and I'm getting
ready to plant 10 Vivax, 15 Negra Henon, 6 Chinese Walking Stick,
A couple of Dulcis, and, hopefully, 4 or 5 Mitida and/or Merili
(shade) bamboos.

My soil isn't the best but I'm planning on using a local product
from Tacoma Washington, USA, called 'tagro' (www.tagro.com) which
is a great soil amendment made from processes sewage.

I know I need to stake (well) and water (frequently), but I'm new
to all of this bamboo and I'm looking for advice and suggestions.

I'm also going to be installing bamboo barrier around all of these
groves.

Thanks!

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Zone 5.

No need to stake, I didn't. I water and fertilize mine like the
grass it is. It is a good idea to mulch. I used Cedar Grove and
wood chips on top of that.

Some of the Henon I'll be getting tops out at 17' and will blow over
if a wind comes up, so staking is a necessity. ;-)

Thanks,

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, ZONE 8..... I don't know what
my fingers were typing the first time... zone 5 indeed. LOL

I've divided/transplanted boo's that tall and given some to a
friend/co-worker and neither one of us has had to stake them.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington