Old 26-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Ozdude

"Pete" wrote in message

I don't get THAT much suction :P, it would have to be enough to crumple
the
plastic of the bottle to get the yeast/suger high enough to be sucked up
as
I don't fill my bottles up to the top. Be useful though if for some
reason
you get your yeast foaming up which I have heard of, haven't hit it myself
though.

Apparently yeast foams in the absence of Baking Soda. I always add baking
soda and i've never had a head form on the yeast. The mixture just turns
from a dark brown (dissolved raw sugar) to a light tan as it metablolises.

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith