Old 27-02-2005, 04:57 AM
Richard Sexton

In article ,
Pete wrote:
(Richard Sexton) wrote in :

WHOA NELLY!!.
Unless I'm way off here, I think you just dosed your tank to about
20ppm of Nitrates when you're aiming for around 5ppm. You can use this
site for calculations
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm

So? I aim for 20-30 ppm and don't use CO2. I slipped a digit once and
had 200 pm for a month. No shrimp, plant, fish or snail was adversely
affected.

Nitrates don't kill fish, poeple kill fish.

Never said it killed fish. Was really more a comment on a large initial
does for a tank in problems with new ferts and while trying to balance it
out.

Fair enough, bit too low of a nitrate level will cause algae too, specifically
blue green algae.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org