Old 28-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Wildkarrde

Yeah I know. It's amazing. What amazes me more is the number of people
that they hook with their garbage too. wow
wrote in message
oups.com...
Welcome to the lovely world of the internet. Call it part of the
price we pay for being able to post anonymously. Safe and secure for
us, but unfortunately it also opens the door for any a**hole spammer to
anonymously post this garbage to try to make money off of gullible
internet newbies. Blame it more on ignorance than on the spammers
really. If there wasn't money to be made by those annoying ad-posts,
they wouldn't do it.... for every thousand people that ignore the spam
posts, there are a few who read the ad, believe the message, and
purchase the product. Even worse, it costs the spammers nothing more
than the price of an internet connection and a few minutes of their own
time. It has been proposed before that If the newsgroups charged a
small per-post-fee, it would be a bit irritating for us, but they (the
spammers) would think twice about indiscriminately posting their
messages, due to the cost, and they would be forced to target their
advertising more carefully to newsgroups that are pertinent to their
advertised product. Either that, or ban all ignorant people from using
the internet, I don't forsee either solution happening any time soon.