Old 28-02-2005, 02:39 PM
spiral_72

I added 1/2 a teaspoon about 4 days ago without much (if any) change in
nitrates. Last night after my tank maintenance I added another 1/2
teaspoon. Wednesday and Saturday I cleaned very, very well with the
gravel vac. About 30% water each time. I don't think the phosphate
levels have changed much but my nitrates have increased slightly. Next
weekend it's time for another round of substrate fertilizer.

I'm not real sure the algae is growing any slower. Maybe a little.

Tom, I've noted your proceedure. Currently I don't have a way to add
CO2. I will work on that this week if possible. I am considering
setting up a yeast reactor for now..... Never did that un' before.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html