Old 03-03-2005, 11:37 PM
kathy

Cichlidiot wrote I still think there's more to
this story than what was presented

I agree with you there.

I also searched our state wildlife page and our city's
page on animals and after a half an hour I gave up.

I did call our state Fish and Wildlife once about collecting
from the wild for a pond.
I got bounced all over the state, talked to really interesting people
about all sort of things but finally was told that they, the state, are
not interested in a 10-yr-old kid, a jar and a couple tadpoles or frogs
or whatever,
what they are interested in is people collecting stuff to turn a profit
and taking great amounts of whatever they are collecting as they
can do significant damage.

Moral of that story is you can never go wrong
accompanied in life by a ten-year-old :-)

kathy