Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 PM
spiral_72

Thanks, there are too many variables. I am afraid to add nutrients at
random but there is no way I can determine what the exact levels are
for each nutrient. Even if I could, it'd be a full time job monitoring
the stuff. I understand why dosing nitrates is required. I just don't
feel like a chemistry lesson right now and would just like to enjoy the
fish Takes work though, eh?

I am going to get the exact fertilizer you recommended if I can find
it. If not I'll make some kind of educated(?) desicion based on the
compounds you give me. I assume that is a liquid, right?

Something else I just realized too. My Amazon Swords began developing
yellow/brown areas on many of the leaves and quit growing just about
the time the BGA started taking over. I guess that should have been an
indicator. I'll google those symptoms and see what I find.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html